September 7th, 2023
Jason is waiting in front of the 10 stories building on the Constructors’ Boulevard with a medium size-suitcase and a small bouquet of 3 strings of Lily of the Valley, in front of a dark windows fully electrical SUV.
She is slowly opening the armed building door, while carrying her own suitcase and a small handbag and she smiles at him. Her face lights up with every step she makes.
At this point he cannot contain his smile either and showing his white perfect young teeth, even if he is past 40 of age, he leans forward to kiss her. After brushing his hand gently through her hair, he leans to help her put the suitcase in the trunk of the car, while the driver carefully places his next to hers.
Under the discreet stare of the driver, they share another long kiss and slide on the back seat of the car, pulling up the separator, while the car starts moving.
- “It’s been 5 years since I haven’t seen you”, says Jason, but you haven’t changed a bit.
Of course she has. She has way over 20 pounds more than when they first met, but she was barely 20ish then. Now she is a mom of three… from which two are his.
Ok, the first one, Josie, is definitely his. As for Lia, we can say with reasonable certainty that she had a bit of divine intervention in coming on this planet.
Yet she is still looking very attractive in his eyes. Especially now after having her new Business degree and owning her own company. For Jason love was passing too much through his brain…
- “You don’t look too bad yourself either”, blushes Moon. “I must admit you really took me by surprise with this one week escapade. How’s Meredith, btw?
- “She is at home with.. (wait I forgot the name of the child that Jason had with Meredith, let’s hope he didn’t also). C’mon you know we’ve been separated for more than 2 years now, since she found out I was seeing Klara. Why you had to twist the knife in my wound?”
- “Because you don’t admit it even to yourself that you simply cannot be “the man of one woman”. You are just not built monogamous.”
- “I’m with you, right now. Let’s enjoy it, please.”
And they share another long kiss, with their hands exploring a little bit more, through the clothes.
In the heat of the moment, while carefully trying to take his light jacket off, apparently not as careful as needed, something fell from one of the pockets. Instead of showing signs of being caught off guard, he raises to the occasion and takes Moon’s hand into his, bringing into the light the ring that she had on her finger.
- “I couldn’t take it off. I know he died. I know it’s been more than one year already, but Jesus will always be in my heart and for us flying now to his home country made me even more emotional. You know I loved him and you also know that it’s always been…”
- “Please don’t say it”, stopping her with a kiss.
- “Just listen!”
- “I have waited for too long. From the first moment I saw you, I knew you will be the “last one”. I have always known that you are the one I’m going to grow old next to. I’ve had my share of affairs, yes, some you know about, some you don’t… some more passionate or dramatic than others, but a piece of my heart has always been with you, no matter where you were and with whom. I was shocked when I learned that Jesus died, but in the same moment I knew I want to be Ben’s father also.”
While the car was about to park in front of the airport, she hears him say:
- “Moon, will you marry me?”